Chocolate for SkinCare
Chocolate for skincare is work as an outstanding mood booster, and it can also lift your skin’s ‘mood’. A chocolate face mask does wonders to transform our skin from dull to gorgeous! We’ll talk about the advantages of chocolate for skin care in this article. We are aware that eating dark chocolate has few positive effects on our health, but it also has wonderful advantages for our skin. It is abundant in flavonoids, which protect skin from ageing, increase collagen synthesis, and support cellular health. Our skin is nourished by the fatty acids in chocolate, and its anti-inflammatory characteristics soothe rashes.
Why Use Chocolate for Skin Care?
Chocolates contain a lot of flavonoids, including flavanol, which has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant characteristics. Additionally, research have shown that flavonoids can protect our skin from sunburn, making them a natural sunscreen.
- Additionally, chocolate has a tonne of vitamins and minerals, including magnesium, calcium, iron, and vitamins E, B, and K. All of these nutrients are absorbed by the skin when applied to it and provide the skin with greater sustenance.
- Chocolate is an excellent substance to combat free radicals and prevent premature ageing of the skin since it contains vitamins and flavonoids.
- Magnesium can defend against sun damage and photo-damage to the skin. Additionally, it promotes collagen formation and keeps the skin moisturised, resulting in healthy and supple skin.
- Cocoa powder works as an excellent exfoliator for our skin, boosting blood flow to the area and leaving it radiant. It offers moderate exfoliation and is especially beneficial for people with skin that is prone to acne.
- Due to its anti-inflammatory characteristics, chocolate can help reduce the redness and irritation brought on by acne and pimples when applied topically.
- Chocolate is a good solution to acquire luminous and rich skin because it contains flavonoids. The flavonoids increase skin suppleness while minimising the indications of premature ageing, minimise blemishes, brighten the complexion, and nourish the skin from the inside out.
- By assisting in the breakdown of fats and lowering fluid retention in the skin, cocoa powder aids to tone and firm your skin. Cocoa powder is regarded as helpful to reduce cellulite and tighten the skin for the same reason.
Different Ways to Use Chocolate in Skin Care
Chocolate and Multani Mitti
Take some dark chocolate and melt it using a double boiler. Take 1-2 tablespoons of melted chocolate and mix it with some multani mitti. Apply the subsequent mixture all over your face and neck then wait for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off with fresh water. Reapply this face mask with chocolate and multani mitti twice weekly for anti acne skin care.
Chocolate and Honey
Make a paste with a tablespoon of cocoa powder and some raw honey. Apply the mask to your entire face and neck, then wait until it begins to semi-dry. Apply this remedy with chocolate and honey for skin care two or three times per week to get glowing skin, then rinse it off with fresh water.
Chocolate and Coffee
Take equal parts of the coffee and chocolate powders and combine them in a bowl. Mix everything together after adding some milk there. On your face and neck, apply this. After exfoliating the skin for a few minutes with circular motions, wait another 5-8 minutes. With fresh water, thoroughly clean everything. Apply this solution again two or three times per week for skin care that fights aging.
Chocolate and Yogurt
Take a tablespoon of cocoa powder and add some fresh and unflavoured yogurt to that. Mix together and apply the resulting mixture on your face as well as neck. Massage gently with your fingertips and leave it on the skin for 15 minutes. Wash off with fresh water. Reapply this Do it yourself exfoliating face mask with chocolate and yogurt for skin care twice or thrice weekly.
Chocolate and Shea Butter
Melted shea butter and dark chocolate are combined using a tablespoon each. Wait a while before massaging the resulting mixture onto your face and neck. Wash it off with fresh water. Try this procedure twice a week to see how radiant and beautiful your skin becomes.
Chocolate other than being the preferred of our taste-buds is also loved by our skin evenly. It makes our skin look young, acne-free, even toned and soft because of the presence of healthy nutrients and antioxidants. We are sure that after knowing how beneficial this ingredient-chocolate is, you would want to try your hands on these things. Do try these and let us know the results.
Also Read: How Many Types of Paithani Sarees Are There?